THANK YOU FOR AN AMAZING 2023!
Sisters Network, Inc – Chicago Chapter (SNI) made great strides in 2023. We volunteered, raised money, brought awareness to new venues and celebrated as members received new and helpful certifications. We could not have done it without you. Click the tabs below to see our 2023 in review.
Our volunteering included:
- Providing 19 people with financial assistance from the BCAP grant (Bears Care/Chicago Bears)
- Gilead Project – Better Together partnership with SWIO, Carol and Karen HH in April 2023
- Grantee’s reception CFW/SSGC in April 2023
- Gift for Life Block Walk at St. Thomas Lutheran Church, the hosting church in June 2023
- Participated in several outreach events throughout the year, including Taste of Pullman, Shop Roseland, the Black Women’s Expo, Essential Elements Clothing Boutique, South Shore Hospital and Jewel-Osco located at 95th and Stony Island
- Volunteered at the Carter Temple CME Church Health Fair in September 2023
- Pink Party Event at Deborah’s Place that included lunch for residents in October 2023
Here’s how we educated others:
- Presented general cancer information to the Carter Temple CME Church congregation.
- Visited the University of Illinois research lab to observe cancer cells in April 2023
- Participated in Gilead project round table discussion on Triple Negative Breast cancer in May 2023
- Had a Gilead policy discussion @ the Study
- Placed mammogram yard signs in the Roseland community to encourage women to get their mammograms done in October 2023
- Visited the Rush Hospital new cancer center.
Our fundraisers included:
- Visited Advocate office to discuss partnership in March 2023
- Attended Chicago Bears Grantee Luncheon in September 2023
- Sisters Network Chicago’s 20th Anniversary Fashion/Luncheon in October 2023
- Launched Partnership with Jasper Health in September 2023
- The students at the University of Chicago Charter School Woodlawn took up a collection for Breast Cancer Awareness month, totaling $180.00.
- Partnering with iHeart Media for the 7th annual Sista Strut Breast Cancer Walk. There were 7,984 attendees, and the Mega Breast exhibit was well received.
Membership activities included:
- 5 members obtained a Navigator certification from the University of Illinois
- Strategic Planning Meeting in February 2023
- Regular membership meetings throughout the year
- Two members attended the National Conference in Houston, Texas in October 2023