THANK YOU FOR AN AMAZING 2022!
Sisters Network, Inc – Chicago Chapter (SNI) had a productive 2022. We volunteered, raised money, donated to worthy causes and expanded our membership. We could not have done it without you. Click the tabs below to see our 2022 in review.
Our volunteering included:
- Providing 11 people with financial assistance from the BCAP grant (Bears Care)
- Sending 6 SNC members to participate in National’s 5K walk in April 2022
- Over 100 people attending the annual Gift for Life Block Walk in June 2022. The event was held in the Church Hall at St. Stephens Lutheran Church. The speakers for the event were Representative Robin Kelly, Senator Marcus Evans, Alderman David Moore and Dr. Nasima Mannan from UIC Cancer Center.
- Donating $350.00 to Deborah’s Place for their “Pink Party” in October 2022. A member of our chapter presented breast cancer awareness information for the residents and guests.
- Attending the Chicago Foundation for Women Donors’ Luncheon at the Marriott Hotel in November 2022
- Donating toys to the Phi Beta Kappa toy drive in December 2022
Here’s how we educated others:
- Partnered with Cancer Treatment Centers of America for an online educational series that occurred every other month in 2022. Speaker topics included: prosthesis vs. breast reconstruction, naturopathic medicine and the fear of recurrence.
- President Annie Jones spoke on V103 radio about our organization’s purpose and goals in October 2022.
- Members were invited to the UIC Cancer Research Lab to observe actual cancer cells in May 2022.
- SNC hosted the National 5 City Pink Power Tour in August 2022. Over 100 people attended. Our presenters were from Northwestern and University of Chicago Hospitals.
- President Annie Jones appeared on WTTW Channel 11 to speak about breast cancer and the organization in October 2022.
Our fundraisers included:
- Receiving a $10,000.00 grant from Bears Care (Chicago Bears) in September 2022. Six members of SNC attended the Bears Care luncheon to receive the grant.
- Receiving grants from the Patient Advocate Foundation ($21,000) and The Coleman Foundation ($20,000)
- Partnering with iHeart Media for the annual Sista Strut Breast Cancer Walk. 5000 people registered for the walk. SNC netted over $20,000 in registration fees, donations and t-shirt sales.
- Fashion Show and Luncheon in October 2022, the first one since COVID
Membership activities included:
- Recruited 3 new members into the chapter
- Recruited 6 new members to our Board of Directors
- Held a chapter Christmas Party in December 2022